Bill Pay and Insurance
Paying for Your Eye Care
Compared to many health care services, the billing process for eye care is among the easiest to understand. Yet some procedures, medications and prescription eyewear are handled differently by insurance providers, including Medicare. At Sabates Eye Centers, you will always know our fees upfront, as well as an estimate of whatever out-of-pocket expenses you might expect.
When you schedule an appointment, we’ll ask for basic personal and insurance information that helps us determine coverage eligibility and, whenever possible, minimize your out-of-pocket costs. The information is transmitted directly, securely and electronically between your carrier and Sabates Eye Centers.
We have an extensive list of accepted medical and vision insurance plans. We’ll work with you to identify all insurance benefits prior to your visit. Our billing department is always available to help with any questions you may have. Please call us at 913-261-2020 with any questions during normal business hours.
For a full list of insurance plans we accept, see below.
- Coventry Advantra: HMO, PPO
- Aetna: HMO, PPO, POS (Aetna Medicare Replacement)
- American Health Alliance (AHA): PPO
- BCBS OF KC: HMO, PPO
- BCBS OF KS: HMO, PPO
- Beech Street: PPO
- Care improvement Plus (Medicare Replacement)
- Century Health Solutions: PPO
- Choice Care Network: PPO
- Cigna: HMO, PPO, PPO PLUS, EPO, INDEMNITY
- Community Care Network (CCN): PPO
- CompResults: PPO
- Coventry: HMO, PPO
- Davis Vision
- First Health: PPO (Coventry National)
- Freedom Network and Freedom Network Select
- Galaxy Health Network: PPO
- Great West/Cigna: PPO, POS
- Health Choice of NW MO: PPO
- Health Mgmt Network (HMN): PPO
- Health Payors Organization (HPO): PPO
- Healthlink: HMO, PPO THROUGH FREEDOM NETWORK ONLY
- Humana: PPO & CHOICE PRODUCTS ONLY (Including Humana PPO Medicare Replacements)
- Humana: Vision Care Plan
- MultiPlan: PPO
- National Preferred Provider Network (NPPN)
- National Provider Network (NPN)
- One Health Plan: HMO, PPO, POS
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS): PPO & OPEN ACCESS
- Preferred Health Professionals (PHP)
- Plan Vista/NPPN
- Preferred Plan and Preferred Plan Select (through Multiplan)
- Pyramid LIFE Today’s Options (Medicare Replacement)
- Sprint: Choice Indemnity Select (PPO, EPO)
- Sterling Life (Medicare Replacement)
- United Healthcare: HMO, PPO, POS
- United Healthcare (Benesight): PPO, TPA
- United Healthcare Medicare
When to Pay
We ask that you provide payment for any copays and services not covered by insurance at the time of your visit. If there is a balance that differs from estimates made earlier, you will be billed after the insurance claim information is processed.
Accepted Payment Methods
Sabates Eye Centers accepts cash, personal checks, debit cards, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
For financing through Care Credit, click here.
You can pay online here by using the Bill Pay form on this page.
Eye Surgery Financing Options
Some procedures, such as cataract surgery, are covered by Medicare and other insurance providers. Others, like laser vision correction, are not. Because fees for services that are not covered are due at the time they are performed, many patients choose to spread out the payments over time.
A number of financing options are available. One of our laser vision coordinators will gladly go over all the details with you at the time of your consultation. We have teamed up with Care Credit to offer financing options with those with approved credit for LenSx procedures.
Want quick answers from a live person? The representatives in our billing department are available to personally answer your billing questions during normal business hours (8 a.m.-5 p.m.). Please call us directly at 913-261-2020 or 800-742-0020.